Satans Kingdom

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under Destruction

2 posters

99 per cent of People are stupid assholes

Hellboy Kickass

99 per cent of People are stupid assholes Empty 99 per cent of People are stupid assholes

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:51 am

So the company I work at seems to have stamped out harassment in the workplace.

They have very strict policies in place and probably act swiftly to reinforce them.

I ain't been harassed ... not yet anyway.

But ...
    Hellboy Kickass

99 per cent of People are stupid assholes Empty Re: 99 per cent of People are stupid assholes

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:54 am

But human beings being the crafty creatures that they are ...

One guy walks past me on the street after work.

Rather than say hello, he looks at me like "i'm gonna take you down, motherfucker!"

Like the way tyson looks at an opponent before a boxing match.

There's no rules against harassing colleagues OUTSIDE the workplace, right?

Right.

Hellboy Kickass

99 per cent of People are stupid assholes Empty Re: 99 per cent of People are stupid assholes

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:57 am

And basically, the way people show their hostility at work is they refuse to acknowledge you and say hello.

I said hello to one guy this morning. Blank stare.

If he could fuck my shit up, he absolutely would.

But the strict policies in place maybe scare him a little.

So the way people get around it is with subtle hostility, refusing to say hello, dirty looks.

Fucking petty and stupid people.

When the fuck is a meteor going to wipe out the human race?
    Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:02 am

I don't always initiate a greeting but I do always respond to one. To me, I get somebody walking by while remaining in their own space. That doesn't bother me a bit. The place I worked at last year had a rule against not acknowledging someone else who says hello to you. It's considered aggression.

Someone did that to me today, well she thought she'd ignored me and she apologized but I hadn't even noticed. In fact she's really nice. Some people seem ignory to me, but probably I am to them and we're fkn busy all the time. Also, I love to be ignored. I can think better if people aren't constantly inflicting themselves on me. Besides, we don't have any huge asshole problems where I work. It's sort of a community, so nobody's a dick or too much of a bitch. I've had some bitchshit thrown at me and I just took it... but also let them know. Now, I think they know cuz it doesn't happen anymore.

Anyway, I feel goodwill toward everyone mostly. Why not? It's free. I just don't always display it. And it's a very generalized goodwill that does not require more information such as what could be gleaned from friendly conversation. No. It's just as unnecessary as any initial exchange of greetings.

I don't initiate with anyone unless I absolutely have to. But I always respond if someone addresses me directly. Always. I'm not a fkn dick.

One could travel the Old West from Wyoming to Texas and all the way to Californy, hanging out in the seediest saloons, shooting a man for scratching his balls and another for laughin' bout it, associating with criminal skunk of every ilk, from Chattanooga to Chihuahua, every kind of shitbag yellow-bellied piece of no-good filth in tarnation.
    Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:08 am

Ok,but I was having lunch in the canteen.

Maybe the guy was looking at me? I'm not even sure I remember how it played out.

So I just said hello and he didn't even respond.

In the canteen.

Another guy wouldn't respond when I talked to him. I was actually trying to give him advice about sth. I realized ok this asshole will play the ignore game.

Then a week later he hits me up on Teams and asks for sth.

I told him no. I ain't doing shit for this guy.

Who the fuck does he think he is? King Henry the VIII? Only the top bosses can act like pricks like that and get away with it.

That's exactly the point. We're working together and you eventually need shit from other people.
    So just fuckin' be respectful and say hello.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:14 am

I dont believe you.

You probably act like most of these idiots in the workplace.

When you're in the company of other human beings, you have a moral responsibility to give off positive vibes.

The human race is a few steps away from everyone eating each other in the streets.

These workplaces demonstrate the sickness of the human race.

Can't even smile at the fucking water cooler.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:22 am

office environments are the fucking MATRIX.

and smart people found a way to escape that shit and support themselves without dealing with the incessant bullshit of working in fucking place where half the people there wish you dead.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:34 am

I will just start acting like them and stop acknowledging them and ignore everyone.

Man I can't wait until retirement when you're not forced to be around people all day.

Work should all be remote.

They send emails about "camaraderie". Well, some people do have friends in the office. But there's way more subtle hostility and aloofness than camaraderie.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:06 am

People are only friendly if they need sth from you.
    Then it's all fake.

Am I the only one left on the planet who is not like that?

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:44 am

We don't have this issue where I work because we're all too busy working. There's no time for office politics bs. Nobody cares. We've all got too much shit to get done. And shit always changes and the boss says "Now I need all this other shit done, go do it," and it's a hassle but I go and do it. Why not? I don't mind doing stuff. They pay me. M'fkrs keep paying, I'll keep doing stuff. People who ignore me, fine. Thank you. I appreciate you. You're one less m'fkr I have to interact with.

One could travel the Old West from Wyoming to Texas and all the way to Californy, hanging out in the seediest saloons, shooting a man for scratching his balls and another for laughin' bout it, associating with criminal skunk of every ilk, from Chattanooga to Chihuahua, every kind of shitbag yellow-bellied piece of no-good filth in tarnation.
    Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:29 am

Psioncy wrote:We don't have this issue where I work because we're all too busy working.  There's no time for office politics bs. Nobody cares.  We've all got too much shit to get done.  And shit always changes and the boss says "Now I need all this other shit done, go do it," and it's a hassle but I go and do it.  Why not?  I don't mind doing stuff.  They pay me.  M'fkrs keep paying, I'll keep doing stuff.  People who ignore me, fine.  Thank you.  I appreciate you.  You're one less m'fkr I have to interact with.

Yeah, that's a good way to look at it.

Strangely, the same guy saw me in the bathroom this morning and said hello.

I think he wasn't deliberately being rude. People are just busy with work.

And the office is so big and there are so many people that if you start saying hello to everyone, you will spend half your day saying hello to people.

I blew this whole thing way out of proportion.

However, there are still a few people who deliberately display their hostility but refusing to ever even acknowledge you exist. It's petty stupid shit.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:44 am

There's always a bunch of people envious of me and threatened by me at work.

But realistically, I'm not a threat to anyone.

I have so many foibles that I always IMPLODE sooner or later.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:15 am

Hey, I blow shit out of proportion like that in my head too.

Sometimes the best way to deal with coworkers is to fantasize about having the power to send searing pain coursing through their body on your command. Focus your will on cursing their dreams. Stuff like that. It might at least make you feel better.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:19 pm

This job fuckin' sucks man.

It was totally remote, it might be ok.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:21 pm

I prefer going into work each day.  The misery of Covid lockdowns taught me that.

Stable, good-paying remote work would be nice though.  Like go live in a cabin in some beautiful rural area and do it.  

But I want to go into work, even though I hate having to go into work sometimes.

Now they're seriously talking about Covid lockdowns here, like we might be on the brink of one right now.  Fuck I hope not.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:12 am

I didnt hear anything about lockdowns.

I would much rather a small company with a few people I get along with.

This is a ginormous office with a shit ton of people I cant stand and who cant stand me.

It starts to wear you down.

Or customer service is better.

I had a customer service job that was better. Some people are annoying assholes, but most people are friendly. You just have some short friendly exchanges with different people throughout the day rather than be trapped in an office with people who get on your nerves.

I may need to start looking for sth else in a few months, if I don't get fired first.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:54 am

The worst thing isn't the coworkers.

Its that they might start working me to death soon.

One of my big weaknesses is stamina. I can't put in 60 hour workweeks for very long without burning out.

This job doesn't pay well, but I think the company culture is a lot of overtime.

And most people are probably happy to work like donkeys because of the inflation and people need to Keep up with the Kardashians with their extravagant lifestyles.

I can't do it. I'm already gaining weight. No time to exercise.

I might quit because of that.

The stress might get too much at some point.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:30 am

I put in over 70 hours one week before christmas vacation. I work all day without a break.

Now I'm back to my old job, but my old job just got a easier and for the first time I have a little down time to use to study and do office work.

Anyway, I bite my tongue when I want to complain at work. Cuz they also gave me three weeks paid time off for Christmas.

I start to get fed up sometimes, but then they keep paying me. No matter what I'm stressed about, the anger vanishes when I see my pay come in and I like everyone again.

It's too much work and hours. It wears on me. I just lay around sleep all weekend cuz I'm too burned out from the workweek to want to do anything. It kinda sucks but it beats the hell out being out of work or struggling on minimum wage, like most of the jobs are around here. Even those are hard to get hired for. I mean, the economy sucks. It's like some Obama era dejavu we're stuck in.

I got all my bills paid and my internet, and managing to save up a decent sum, hopefully enough to buy a lot and put a house on it... someday. So whatever bs work throughs at me, even when it's a ridiculous amount, I just handle it with a decent attitude. Better than where I was out of work before I got the job, on a countdown timer to doomsday with my bank account. Now it's filling up again to before it was when the company I worked for flopped out a year ago, affording me a little more hope and security.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:33 am

Psioncy wrote:I put in over 70 hours one week before christmas vacation.  I work all day without a break.  

Now I'm back to my old job, but my old job just got a easier and for the first time I have a little down time to use to study and do office work.

Anyway, I bite my tongue when I want to complain at work.  Cuz they also gave me three weeks paid time off for Christmas.

I start to get fed up sometimes, but then they keep paying me.  No matter what I'm stressed about, the anger vanishes when I see my pay come in and I like everyone again.

It's too much work and hours.  It wears on me.  I just lay around sleep all weekend cuz I'm too burned out from the workweek to want to do anything.  It kinda sucks but it beats the hell out being out of work or struggling on minimum wage, like most of the jobs are around here.  Even those are hard to get hired for.  I mean, the economy sucks.  It's like some Obama era dejavu we're stuck in.

I got all my bills paid and my internet, and managing to save up a decent sum, hopefully enough to buy a lot and put a house on it... someday.  So whatever bs work throughs at me, even when it's a ridiculous amount, I just handle it with a decent attitude.  Better than where I was out of work before I got the job, on a countdown timer to doomsday with my bank account.  Now it's filling up again to before it was when the company I worked for flopped out a year ago, affording me a little more hope and security.

Yeah you're right. It's better than being out of work.
    Holy fuck the cost of living is high man. The bank account drains fast when you're out of work.

But it's slavery to basically have to sleep off the workweek on weekends because you're too tired to do anything else. We shouldn't be living like this.

But we have no choice.

Better to tolerate the BS at work and just keep my mouth shut or I'll get fired or quit suddenly.

Man, there's a lot of BS to put up with to collect that paycheck.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:17 pm

I go in and do whatever they want me to do. Some coworkers start complaining but I don't.

Hectic workdays go by faster anyway.

I'm tired on the weekend because I'm old, not because I work full-time. Working crazy stressful jobs didn't deter me from being out boogy-woogying at da club all night in years past. Now it sounds like torture. I could be in bed, sleeping.

Groceries are the biggest hit nowadays. Crazy costly. I'm eating better quality foods too, which cost even more than the shit foods, which is most of what's in the supermarket is shit food. Need to be a smart shopper.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:49 am

Yeah well we are getting older.

But expected workload doesn't decrease.

I don't like this work environment at all.

I am sick of being around human beings in large office settings.

I will get a remote job and get a dog and stay with my dog all day.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:42 pm

I keep pace with my younger coworkers in terms of energy.   It's mostly cause they get tired doing all kinds of other shit that I don't do.  They're all more exhausted than I am usually. I don't have to pack a family up for a weekend trip with 9 hours of driving to go to some amusement park or stay with in-laws or some other stress inducing bullshit.  I go home and fuck around on the computer, eat some food and go to sleep.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:17 pm

Yeah, it's true.

All the family shit on weekends.

I don't know how people do it.

I can barely look after myself.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:23 pm

The 9 to 5 working in office bullshit is coming to an end.

It will die out. Not sure how much longer it will take.

But it's a dinosaur.

There is already one dept at work that they automated the software just last week.

It's only going to ramp up.
    Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:39 am

I don't know. I keep being impressed by AI and then finding myself in work environment with so many different cuckoo software systems to navigate, I don't think an AI could figure all that out. Not in the real world. Not yet and probably not at least for a while yet to come.

It's gonna be all Russia and China and The US attacking each others networks with script generating AIs. You know how Russia's so good at chess? Maybe they'll checkmate the entire world when they release their sentient-AI upon the world. Or once the penetration of the AI attack reaches a certain marker, everyone just starts launching their nukes. If Russia hijacked the entire internet, don't you think it'd be WWIII?

You ever talk to those customer service AIs? If it's something you couldn't find in the FAQ yourself, the AI doesn't know wtf either. It's just more useless BS that pisses me off. Why am I constantly having to learn new archaic software systems? I was looking for shit yesterday for twenty minutes, in a major huge system, looking up how to cancel something in the system. It had nothing for me. I had to figure it out from a fkn youtube video. It was a menu and then a different bar and then some hover menu and then a link to another page then you had to change the tab. And there it was! Hallejufknluia. cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:57 pm