Satans Kingdom

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under Destruction

2 posters

I'm Losing My Mind

Hellboy Kickass

I'm Losing My Mind - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Losing My Mind

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:23 am

I am sick of moving around too.

But after losing 2 jobs this year, I started dumping my furniture.

Then found sth here before fucking off.

I would rather move around than be not working.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:58 am

Everywhere I've been in the US the job situation sucks, but those areas were rural.

Thousands of applications sent off into the void of Indeed over the years. A waste of keystrokes.

I also had two jobs crap out on me in the last year. Put me at the end of my rope.

Then I was doing like you, trying to figure out online teaching and all this jazz. It's all bullcrap.

The rub is that you can't find work anywhere rural but the relocation and living costs for anywhere urban are astronomical.

That's why I focused on getting to an area with a decent amount of civilization and cheap housing is possible.

The job situation sucks here too, but not nearly as bad as rural areas where there is absolutely nothing.

One could travel the Old West from Wyoming to Texas and all the way to Californy, hanging out in the seediest saloons, shooting a man for scratching his balls and another for laughin' bout it, associating with criminal skunk of every ilk, from Chattanooga to Chihuahua, every kind of shitbag yellow-bellied piece of no-good filth in tarnation.
    Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:23 am

yeah, but some jobs pay well

then you just pay the rent

you're putting yourself at a disadvantage by saving rent in a location where there aren't many jobs.

the US is a massive country. you can move around to a city that's booming if you had more drive.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:38 am

Relocation is expensive.  And you a have to be there to find a job usually.  And everywhere more or less sucks.

If you move, you gotta pay a lot of money down, re-register your car, deposits and installation fees, buy stuff for the house to get settled in, etc.  It costs a fortune, and if you're not employed that can be a live or die investment.  

My strategy is paying off now.  I have very low rent and a decent salary, way better off that a lot of other people working and paying rent right now around here -though still the costs are a bitch.

In the last week I've spent $1300+ on shit for the house.  My rent went up (still cheap), car insurance went up, groceries never stop going up...  The squeeze is coming from all directions, but I'm in a situation to handle it.  Besides, putting $1300 into my house one time is just like what a normal person is paying for rent every single month.

Also, I'll get it back because it will up the resale value of this place, which will probably be enough to recoup half of what I spend on the new place.  Problem is I have to completely set up the new place before I sell this one, so that's too much money for me to tie up right now.  In a year though I'll have it, maybe sooner...

One could travel the Old West from Wyoming to Texas and all the way to Californy, hanging out in the seediest saloons, shooting a man for scratching his balls and another for laughin' bout it, associating with criminal skunk of every ilk, from Chattanooga to Chihuahua, every kind of shitbag yellow-bellied piece of no-good filth in tarnation.
    Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:01 am

Now I'm looking into buy my own lot, cuz I found one that is well priced and located.  If I can pull that off, my rent will go from $280 to $120 a month (the cost of the lot mortgage.)  Otherwise I gotta pay another $3600 to this park in May.

So it makes a lot of sense to buy the lot on a long-term mortgage, cuz it's way cheaper than rent.  And with what I'm making I can probably get it totally paid off in a year or two with payments on principle.  After that, rent free forever and my money can go into making the property nicer, high-end internet and computers, stuff like that.  There's still an annual fee from the association of $170 but that's fine because it covers all water, sewer, and trash.

I want to create like a yoga patio outside and wall it in with raised beds for growing herbs and such.  Also a guest cabin with heat, air conditioning, shower and toilet.  Outside I will have an outdoor kitchen, fridge, oven, barbecue, maybe even a sink.

I can plumb in a sewer drain from the main house and guest house as well as a graywater line from the sinks and showers.  It's not that hard because there's no stupid codes to follow.

I'll run electric in the same way I've done here, straight in with heavy duty electric cables from the 30 amp and 50 amp post with 110v dongles on the end.

This will give me everything I need and I will never have need to get ripped off by a plumber or an electrician.  No repair is more than replacing a cable or a hose in ten minutes.  Plus the house itself is gonna be solid and need nothing.  If they let me put an insulated trailer on there, it will maybe only need paint every 15 years.  I'm not fucking around with these stupid RVs anymore.  Everything's going to be straightforward, exposed, and rock solid.

For the main house, I'm going to have a brick shithouse of an insulated trailer on concrete blocks or wood runners and just cut holes into it for drains, electric cables, water hoses and drains.  Just straight up like that.  Otherwise nothing.  No windows.  Windows suck here because it gets up over 120 F in the summer with intense UV radiation.  So between that and the insulation, I'll cut my summer electric bill down from $250 to $50 a month.

The air conditioners serve as vents.  It's arid here so no need to worry about moisture from showers and cooking as long as you have a little air flowing.

That's my plan.  Get myself permanently housed and rent/mortgage free over the next two years in a house that will last me the rest of my life.  Then live in it free from financial distress, doing all kinds of cool shit with my money until I get old and decrepit and die there.  

Other people have big ideas about hobbies and travel, but me? I only care about housing.  Finding shit to do in my free time is not a problem.  I have no urge to go live anywhere else ever.  That just leads to expense and instability.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:14 am

And definitely NO GIRLFRIEND!

I'm wise enough to know by now that nothing but nothing will fuck up my plans more than that.

Filling my house with her bitch crap, needing this, needing that.  Complicating everything.  Demanding I do things her stupid way.  Listening to her bitch.

This is going to be MY house.  And it's going to kick ass for ME.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:57 pm