Satans Kingdom

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under Destruction

2 posters

Anyone still breathing?

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Anyone still breathing? Empty Anyone still breathing?

Post  Psioncy Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:08 am

We're in the process of reopening with a fresh iteration.

My extreme laziness may retard progress.

Maybe check in if you've got a pulse.  Embarassed

One could travel the Old West from Wyoming to Texas and all the way to Californy, hanging out in the seediest saloons, shooting a man for scratching his balls and another for laughin' bout it, associating with criminal skunk of every ilk, from Chattanooga to Chihuahua, every kind of shitbag yellow-bellied piece of no-good filth in tarnation.
    Psioncy
    Psioncy

Anyone still breathing? Empty Re: Anyone still breathing?

Post  Psioncy Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:27 am

I'm still alive, apparently.  For instance, I still breath and poop and stuff so I figure I'm alive.  Could all be a simulation though.  There's no telling.

It's just my view that ghosts don't poop is all.  At least I've never seen one pooping.  And according to SCIENCE, an absence of evidence rises to the level of de-facto proof.  

I even sobered up.   Shocked

It's boring.  

@Pi, I have searched my soul and decided to forgive you.  Possibly.  Temporarily.  Conditionally.  We'll see.   Suspect

Ok, I gotta poop now.  Talk to you guys whenevs.. fishing

One could travel the Old West from Wyoming to Texas and all the way to Californy, hanging out in the seediest saloons, shooting a man for scratching his balls and another for laughin' bout it, associating with criminal skunk of every ilk, from Chattanooga to Chihuahua, every kind of shitbag yellow-bellied piece of no-good filth in tarnation.
    Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:13 am

Where my ghosties at, yo!?

All hear around here is some faint background noise like "OOooOOOoooOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!"

Life's a bitch, ain't it?  One minute you're alive doing a bunch of pointless BS -and the next you're dead *not* doing a bunch of pointless bullshit.

In that sense, death is more productive than life.   Don't worry about getting bored.  You won't have opinions about squat following brain death.

The only reason you think you're reading this is because in the moments preceding death, the memory centers of the brain go beserko causing your life to flash before your eyes.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:19 am

A couple of you guys had serious heart problems, so I'm concerned.

I don't know why my heart hasn't crapped out yet, given my decades of heavy smoking and drinking.  After a bender, in the recovery/detox phase, my heart feels weakened.  A week later it's fine.  My theory is that it's like any other muscle, you gotta break it down to build it back stronger.  In other words, binge drinking is the optimal means to stay heart-healthy.

This theory may, as I understand, come under some criticism.  For being severely stupid.  But I attest to you that I am living proof of both.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:04 am

What a sad sad sad existence talking to yourself on the internet.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:13 am

Still alive, but barely.

Lost 2 jobs this year.

Been a fuckin' hard year.

Getting too old to bounce back from setbacks.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:14 am

I've found that talking to myself is light-years better than talking to other people and all their bullshit.

We can't all be socialites like you, out at the cafes getting into enchanting discourses about philosophy and the arts, trading witticisms and cunning ripostes.   Rolling Eyes

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:29 am

Hellboy Kickass wrote:Still alive, but barely.

Lost 2 jobs this year.

Been a fuckin' hard year.

Getting too old to bounce back from setbacks.

Sorry to hear that.

They fired my entire department last January, hired new people, fired all of them.  Then the same thing again. The whole thing was a scam to filter public funds for helping homeless people into the boss's bank account anyway.  

Then I took a job doing phone work for insurance benefits.  It took over two months to get the job, followed by a month of training.  I worked for one month until they called a Zoom meeting where some corporate bitch told us we were all laid off because the company needed to reduce headcount. They said they might hire some of us back in a month, but a month later the entire company closed down.

After that was another three months of job searching, sending resumes off into the aether, hundreds of them.  I drank myself into oblivion out of hopelessness.  

Luckily, a school hired me full-time out the blue in July.  I generally work 10+ hours a day with no break in very demanding and stressful system.  It's grueling but it's decent money so I'm trying not to bitch too much.  It works out because we get massive paid holidays, like this week being all paid holiday, then another three weeks for Christmas and New Years.

I'm fortunate to have it.  Most of the jobs here are part time and pay minimum wage.  Even those are hard to come by and they are unstable -while rents, groceries, and everything else keep shooting through the roof.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:33 am

Greed-ridden, anti-human, corrupt society.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:21 pm

Hiring process takes a long time.

Several interview over several weeks.

Then, they have to do background checks.

I thought only jobs abroad did background checks.

But when I showed up on the first day, I realized why.

One girl showed up the first day totally shit-faced drunk. She started crying and quit after 1 hour on the first day.

A lot of people are crazy, alcoholics, drug addicts.

Companies have to deal with all this shit.

It's a rough world.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:24 pm

Psioncy wrote:Greed-ridden, anti-human, corrupt society.

One thing to be excited about is the retirement age might come down.

Newfoundland, a province in Canada, is starting to pay 60 year olds the equivalent of a pension. They have essentially lowered the pension age to 60 without much fanfare or stating it explicitly.

I am guessing this trend might be extrapolated to the rest of North America in the next few years.

Newfoundland is not a very high-economy hub. But other places might do something similar.

We might not have to work until 65.
    Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:27 pm

It was taking me months to find work.

Then, I gave up and started selling my furniture and decided to try to go back abroad to teach.

I sold half the crap in my apartment and had started interviewing with places abroad.

Even finding a job abroad is not that easy. Maybe because I'm too old? Or maybe because most of my experience is in China and I wasn't applying to China.

Anyway, I had one foot out the door and was ready to dump everything and break the lease and then this place I had applied to over a month prior finally got back to me.

What a rough year it's been.

Holy crap.
    Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:30 pm

I had applied for online teaching jobs.

The pay is crap, the hours are crap.

Students can give you crappy reviews and you can get fired easily.

Some of them pay well, but I never heard back.

Even those jobs are not easy to get.

Hellboy Kickass

Post  Hellboy Kickass Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:54 pm

Anyway, I won't be sticking around too long.

It's rough out there.

Also, the workplace is a fucking pit of vipers.

I already think a girl at the office might be flirting with me.

That's bad news when women at work start doing that.

If you date them, you're fucked.

And if you ignore them, you're fucked.

Fucking bitches at work man will fuck your shit up.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:52 am

Online teaching is crap. One would be far better off working at the gas station ringing up people's beer, cigs, and coffee.

First off, they usually pay "per teaching hour," with some shit like $10-15. Then it's months to accumulate students or some such crap deal to get up to a reasonable numbers of hours that allow you to maybe pay your bills.

Secondly, there's no tax or social security being paid in. In the US, it means that unlivable 13k USD you made for the year is subject to Federal and State tax, and SS is owed in at 14% -double the rate if you had a US employer.

The disadvantages are almost too numerous to list. Things like being kept on call with no pay, losing out to long foreign holidays, getting blamed (and penalized) for tech errors on the student's or platform's end, unpaid prep and last minute cancelations, working off hours and spread-out hours -to name a few.

If you can get 35 part-time hours being a clerk at the convenience store at minimum wage, it will come out to far more in salary -and taxes will be paid in.

Psioncy
    Psioncy

Post  Psioncy Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:02 am

Going abroad for ESL jobs is crap these days. In fact, it's always been crap, but moreso than ever now.

The airfare alone these days will bankrupt you.

My last job didn't pay us for 5 months -at "the largest university in the Middle East."

My last job offer for China was an HR position. The dude told me I'd be moving teachers around to different schools because the schools keep breaking contracts and teachers keep getting pissed, so they wanted me to play a massive shell game moving 2,000 teachers around.

It's been nothing but instability and crisis for my 20 year ESL "career" abroad. Schools going out business (ALL of them,) not getting paid, housing crisis, visa crisis, money crisis... just an endless string of that shit for two decades.

55, which I'm rapidly approaching, is the cut off for work visas in most countries, including China.

I'm done. The US isn't much better, sadly, but what other choice do I have? I focused on getting my housing cost down. And thank the imaginary Lord I did, because I would have gone broke by now if I hadn't.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:33 pm